Saturday, October 11, 2008

It Happened!

Well yesterday it finally happened, I bought my first pair of Mom Shorts!

I've tried to avoid it at all costs, but yesterday as I was browsing through the clearance rack at Target I found a pair of jean shorts for $3.48. You see that's just too great of a deal to pass up. So I tried them on hoping that maybe they would fit differently than they looked. They would hopefully fit more like non-mom shorts fit, or they would be too small/big mom shorts. But alas, they fit PERFECTLY and I mean there was no denying that I would have to buy these shorts.

I leveled with myself though. They will only and I mean ONLY be worn with shirts that come way past my waist line so that no one knows just how much of mom shorts these really are! I was hoping that maybe they would be super comfortable, but they're not. But hey they were only $3.48!

On another note, while I was walking into Target yesterday, pushing Cooper's stroller, I saw another mom infront of me struggling to carry her son. It made me think about the little things that happen through pregnancy and into Mom-hood. One of these little things is that your hips no longer stay little. Instead they expand. I thought at first that they might go back down, but no, that would not serve their purpose. The purpose of hips that I figured out yesterday is so that moms can carry their children easily on them. It's like a built in seat for Cooper!

Just to make sure of this little wonder, I asked Randell if it was hard for him to carry Cooper on his hip. His response: "I dread having to carry him like that because he always falls down".

So see, God gave Moms hips to carry their kids. It all makes sense now!

No comments: