Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Newest Adventure!

I have always had a desire to stay healthy, in shape, and active (probably mostly from my undiagnosed ADD). ;) I eat "fairly" well....but I DON'T diet, can't do it, I love food too much. I have found a love for running, crazy, I know but I can honestly say that training and running my first half marathon is what allowed me to really drop my pregnancy weight better than anything I had tried. And well, having 2 kids I am automatically active, but I love challenging my mind and staying busy.

About 2 months ago I decided to take a dive into a new arena of life....and become a Les Mills Body Flow Instructor. What is Body Flow you might ask. Body Flow is an athletic blend of yoga, pilates, and tai chi. It is a great blend of amazing songs, challenging poses, and relaxation for the mind. A class is approx 55 minutes long with tracks that focus on such areas as standing strength, balance, core abs and back, twists, hamstrings, and much more. I LOVE IT!!! I have been taking these classes for the past 2 and a half years. I even took it while pregnant with Aubrey and I believe that the class really helped to prepare me for succeeding in having an all natural, non medicated child birth. Okay, so as you can tell, I truly love this class.

This past weekend I spent about 30 hours in training as the first step in becoming certified to teach these classes. What a wonderful experience it has been. I have been pushed to my limit and then further. My body has worked very hard this weekend as we did more tracks than I do in a good 3 week time period! Emotionally I was challenged as I entered into an unknown this weekend with having no experience "teaching an exercise class." I found that initially I do not do well with the "unknowns" of life. When I come to a time or event where I am unsure of myself, I attempt to withdraw and become quiet and reserved. (I know, that's absolutely NOT who I am!) But, through the amazing trainer pushing use in every area that she could and the great support of the other "to be instructors", I survived the weekend!

Through this weekend, I truly found my passion again for life in general. More specifically for health and exercise of course as well. From the events of the last few months, I seem to have lost either my focus of being passionate or my passion for life all together. I am so excited and happy that I feel passionate again. I want my passion to radiate off of me and onto to those around me.

When I came home, I turned on a track song from this weekend. It was so much fun watching the kids follow me (or attempt to follow me) as I showed them what I had been doing and learning this weekend.

It is still an unknown road ahead of me as this process is still rather foreign to me, but I know that through my passion for this and with God's help and guidance, doors will open up and opportunities will arise for me to further this new adventure that I have begun!

No comments: