Friday, May 7, 2010

Endless Blessings

Three years ago on the Friday of Mother's Day Weekend, Randell and I arrived at the hospital because my water had broken. I could not think of a better way to spend my first Mother's Day than to be holding my little baby boy.

About a year and a half ago, we were confronted with some frightening news concerning Cooper's health. The possibilities of the worst case scenario were all that we could think about. Over the last year and a half we have had the privilege of seeing a wonderful Hematologist who loves Cooper and now Aubrey. He is a wonderful man who has understood my parenting style and works with it.

I find it fitting that today we went to visit Dr. Patel today after 4 months of not seeing him. Cooper has continued to show improvements with his blood count, so thus allowing us to spread out our visits. I feel that it is good to put at this point a small story concerning the power of prayer.

Numerous people have been praying for Cooper over the last year and a half, some we do not even know. About 6 months ago at our church there was a service dedicated solely to prayer and healing. Randell and I realized that throughout this past year we had not had a healing prayer done by one of our pastors. So, we took Cooper up to a wonderful man who did not know us from anything. All that I told him was that Cooper has been diagnosed with Congenital Nuetropenia. When this man began to pray, it seemed almost as if this man had been living in our living room and knew everything about us. We knew at that point that God was using this man to speak to us and to reassure us that everything would be alright.

So, today while we were sitting at the doctor's office waiting for the blood count to come back, I remembered this prayer. Dr. Patel walked in with the results and said that everything looks great. Cooper has now been released from the Hematologist care and his Nuetropenia is gone! We will of course follow up with CBC's twice a year, although that will be done by his regular pedi.

What a wonderful reminder for me to be thankful for the children that God has blessed me with. He has and will continue to watched over them and keep them safe and healthy in his hands.

3 years ago today I went into labor with my Cooper and today I can rest knowing that he has been healed! Praise the Lord!

Life is Good and God is GREAT!

1 comment:

Page said...

Praise God. Awesome testimony to your faith and his power. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see how God continues to use you, Randell, Cooper and Aubrey for his kingdom.