Friday, July 27, 2012

He's Got The Whole World, In His Hands

"My God made ALL of that?"  That is the question that was asked by C tonight while we watched the 2012 Summer Olympic Opening Ceremonies.

I too remember being in awe of the Olympics as a young child.  Even tonight, I still got chills thinking how cool it is for so many countries to participate in the games.

So as we watched the opening ceremonies, there was a lot of explaining to do for the kids so they could understand a bit of what was going on.  It's hard for a young child to understand the magnitude of how big and neat the Olympics are, so when the ceremony went to showing children from all 4 parts of the UK singing, I made a comment that those places were so pretty.  That statement was then followed with "and God made all of it."

Immediately, Cooper stared at the TV even harder and asked (without taking his eyes from the TV), "My God made ALL of that?  That's awesome!"  Then a bit of a pause, followed by "Wow!"  I stared at him for a bit to take in the amazed look on his face.  He was in AWE of HIS GOD!

While I want to type more on this tonight, I am so tired.  But, I wanted to share this amazing moment with my dear son.  As we go through watching the next three weeks of the Olympics, I hope that more amazing moments will happen.  I hope that my children can watch as athletes compete and work hard, showing that through hard work and discipline, dreams can come true.  I am so excited about this fun time....for now, I go to sleep!

No comments: