Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mommy Bragging Moment!

Here it comes....a Mommy Bragging Moment!

Let's start from the top!  Cooper LOVES school!  Seriously.  He even told me yesterday, "Mommy, did you know that we learn ALL DAY at school?"  He was very very serious as he told me this.  I smiled...I love that kid.

He told me about how his color stayed on blue all day long and how he was going to keep it on blue all year!  He explained that blue meant that he was super, duper, duper, duper, good.  Apparently all of the girls stayed on the color blue, but only another little boy and himself stayed on blue also.  All of the other boys had their color changed, so they had to sit at the table and not talk at all.  When asked how Cooper felt about being with all the girls, he shrugged his shoulders and said "I'm okay with it, it doesn't bother me."  Of course not! 

During the day, a little boy called Cooper a name.  This was big news that Cooper shared with me when I picked him up.  When he told me this, immediately my heart stared beating faster...my first thought was "Seriously, we put you in private school to try to AVOID this!"  So, I asked many more questions.  For whatever reason, this boy called Cooper a "mint"...now if you know what the meaning of using this in a name calling sense is, please share with me.  Cooper told another boy who then told on the little boy.  None of this really seemed to phase Cooper, but he still needed to share it with me.

So, overall a good first day!  He was excited to do his homework and was ready to go back to school today.  

This morning as I dropped Cooper off at school, his teacher stopped me with a look of concern on her face.  I thought she was going to tell me about the little boy that called Cooper a name yesterday, so I was prepared to hear that maybe Cooper had not been as innocent as he described in his story,  instead it was because she wanted me to know that "I have a very sweet boy and that she is so happy to have him in class"  At first I couldn't help but think that she is probably saying this to all of the parents, which is very sweet.  But then, she kept bragging about how great of a kid he is.  Her eyes even teared up at one point.  The personality of his teacher and of Cooper are a great match.  I know that they will get along very well.  The best part is, I think it will help to build his excitement about learning even more. 

Day three is tomorrow, here's to praying that the excitement for school sticks around and that each day gets even better. 

No comments: