Tuesday, July 7, 2009

32 weeks...the countdown begins!



I'm 32 weeks along, BGS is measuring 34 which tells me that she's still growing very healthy and at a steady pace! I've gained a total of 35 pounds so far....eek! I'm determined to make it to 50 pounds I guess! :)

I haven't swelled up like I thought I would be yet. As much as I think I will swell by the time 36 weeks comes around, I'm trying to also think positive and keep drinking a TON of water to hopefully keep all swelling down! My blood pressure is great as well; hopefully that is a great sign that I won't have similar complications with this birth.

I have had some very reassuring conversations with a few of my friends who used the same Midwife group that I am using. While there is one MW that we would LOVE to have, all three are obviously great. There is one MW though that scares me a little because she can sometimes think more like an OB when at an appointment. I have heard from my friends though that she is GREAT in the delivery room. I will be happy with any of the three MW's that is there with me through L&D.

We have now come across a stump in the road. The other day I was looking up the meaning of the name for BGS and came across another name that I like. The new name still begins with the same letter and has the same number of letters in the name. I've learned that Randell is not much help on this one either! While I want input from family and friends, I don't want anyone to know the name! UGH! Also, Cooper already knows the baby's name from what we have been calling her. Decisions, decisions....

Cooper is still doing great with everything. We have had a lot more play and Cooper time lately. Today he played ALL day (minus nap) at an indoor play room. It is GREAT! We made it almost the entire day without any injury. Then he was going down the slide on one of the bouncers and decided it would be fun to ride down on the edge of the slide. Needless to say he met the floor face first! He has a swollen lip that is slowly bruising. It was a pretty nasty fall. My daredevil child though went right back after eating a popsicle to prove that he could slide down the slide with no injuries. Boys will be boys!

1 comment:

Page said...

I can't wait to hear about your delivery experience with the midwives. I know you're going to love it. And I think I know the midwife you're talking about. She delivered James (I think you might know that) and we LOVED her. I felt the same way - didn't really think I wanted her, but she was fantastic!